xsl-list

XSLT - update attribute with new value

2004-11-04 06:54:19
Hi David,

Let me start my explaining exactly what I am trying to do.

A program needs to update the value of one or more attributes in the
following XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE orion-web-app PUBLIC "-//ORACLE//DTD OC4J Web Application
9.04//EN" "http://xmlns.oracle.com/ias/dtds/orion-web-9_04.dtd
">

<orion-web-app
        deployment-version="9.0.4.0.0"
        temporary-directory="./temp"
        internationalize-resources="false"
        default-mime-type="application/octet-stream"

        <!-- Uncomment this element to control web application class
loader behavior. -->
<web-app-class-loader search-local-classes-first="true"
include-war-manifest-class-path="true" />

</orion-web-app>

The program calls the XSL stylesheet passing it the var name of the
attribute to update and the var value with the new value for that
attribute.

The XSLT stylesheet nees to search for the var and replace its value
with the new value.  It must also rewrite the rest of the file. The
program performs other functions that are needed by the stylesheet and
best performed by the program so the XSLT stylesheet's function is just
to accept the var and value from the program and update the value in the
XML file.

I'm not sure what is the best way to do this.

thanks for your insights.

Ann Marie