xsl-list

Re: SVG Help

2004-11-01 08:31:39

Going off slightly at a tangent, could I use the same trick to avoid having
to type xsl: throughout my stylesheets?

yes

It would seem to work if my output is plain text but not if the output is an
xml document.

It should work in either case. (Of course of you are using the default
namespace for xsl you have to be careful when generating unprefixed
literal result elements.

I've never seen any examples where the xsl: namespace prefix is not used,
would it be considered bad form anyway?

No, it's bad form to attatch any special meaning to a namespace prefix
(including xsl:) therefore using <stylesheet xmlns="..." is perfectly
OK.

David

http://www.star.net.uk