xsl-list

design ideas? exploiting variables

2004-12-14 08:04:39
I'm reworking my citation stylesheets to be more dependent on variables. I have it now working quite nicely with one piece of the problem: the bibliographic list. It's all handled in variables apart from the main document, such that printing it is as simple as:

            <xsl:copy-of select="$formatted-biblist"/>

.... and writing out the raw modsCollection is as easy as:

    <xsl:if test="$biboutfile">
      <xsl:result-document href="{$biboutfile}">
        <xsl:copy-of select="$raw-biblist"/>
      </xsl:result-document>
    </xsl:if>

My question is, what might be a good way to approach an output driver system?

So, my current code is oriented towards xhtml output. But I want to be able to write simple simple output drivers for other formats that just takes the content in the formatted-biblist variable (which is just xhtml) and transforms it (into, for example, TeX or WordML).

So, if I have a stylesheet for my document that output TeX code, I want to be able to include/import my stylesheet -- I guess with an output format parameter? -- and have it return the bibliography and citations for the correct output format.

How should I approach that?

Bruce