xsl-list

Re: Conditional selecting

2004-12-13 10:34:14

   Greetings,

   Here is a snip of the XSL stylesheet that uses this :

           <xsl:apply-templates select="$field_definitions/*[(_at_)type =
'EA0']">

                           <!-- number() makes sure we process field_no as a
   number and not a string, otherwise 11 comes before 9 ;) -->
                           <xsl:sort select="number(field_no)"
   order="ascending"/>

better to use

<xsl:sort select="field_no"   order="ascending" data-type="number"/>
I think.

                           <xsl:with-param name="current_context" select="."/>
Why this param, couldn't you just use . in the called template?

           </xsl:apply-templates>

   I select those records that match the "EA0" record type and then sort them
   according to field_no.

   My question is in regards to field_no 47.  What I want to do is select the
   record IF there is a plan_id instead of the record without a plan id.  Not
   all records will have a plan id.

   So if there is a child element of the record node that has a value in the
   plan_id field then use that record number instead of the record with the
   same number that DOES NOT have the plan_id.

something like:

 select="$field_definitions/*[(_at_)type = 'EA0']
                             [plan_id or not(field_no=../*[(_at_)type =
'EA0'][plan_id]/field_no)]

   Thanks in advance,
   Jim Neff