xsl-list

Re: Translate characters in a string

2004-12-12 14:14:01
I'll quote someone else for this:

"
The FAQ has a good section on string replacement at,
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect2/StringReplace.html

Kev.
"

M. Carlson wrote:
Hi!  I have a series of strings that look like this:

<item>Technical writer%aAnalytical approach%bPractical matters</item>

I want to output this in HTML as:

Technical writer--Analytical approach--Practical matters

So in other words, I wants to translate % and the character following it (a, b, c, etc.) into a hyphen character. I'm sure I need to use some type of recursive template, but am not sure how to put it all together.

Thanks for any help.

Mulligh

--~--

--
Geert(_dot_)Josten(_at_)Daidalos(_dot_)nl
IT-consultant at Daidalos BV, Zoetermeer (NL)

http://www.daidalos.nl/
tel:+31-(0)79-3316961
fax:+31-(0)79-3316464

GPG: 1024D/12DEBB50