xsl-list

Re: How to use xPath expression: /node/@attribute to retrieve attribute nodes in XSLT?

2004-12-11 22:20:44
You need to do something like this:
<xsl:temlate match="/">
  <output>
    <xsl:value-of select="/company/employee/@empID"/>
  <output/>
</xsl:template>

The default rules dumps the text nodes to the output and never process
attribute nodes.

--- Yuye Chen <yuye(_at_)cs(_dot_)toronto(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Hi,

Can anyone let me know why the following template rule, which
try to retrieve the attribute node from XML, cannot work?

<xsl:temlate match="/company/employee/@empID">
  <output>
    <xsl:value-of select="."/>
  <output/>
</xsl:template>

Suppose we have the xml:
<company>
  <employee empID="001">Roger</employee>
</company>

I used XML Spy to debug this xslt, but the rule above cannot be
applied. Only default rules are called and "Roger" is return in
the output instead of "001".

Thanks.

Cheers,
Kevin