xsl-list

RE: how to remove xmlns attributes in html out put via copy-of

2004-12-10 08:45:03
Sorry, I should have read a little more carefully - the namespace comes from
the source document, not from the stylesheet.

xsl:copy-of does an exact copy. If you want to change the names of the
elements in the source document (by changing their namespace), you can't use
xsl:copy-of, you need to transform the source using a variant of the
identity template:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="copy-sans-namespace">
<xsl:element name="{local-name()}" namespace="">
  <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
  <xsl:apply-templates mode="copy-sans-namespace"/>
</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Limpens [mailto:jan(_dot_)limpens(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: 10 December 2004 14:46
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] how to remove xmlns attributes in html out put
via copy-of

hi,

in my xml I have xhtml markup such as this:

<Document xmlns="http://limpens.com/entry";>
<Para>The solution came in the form of <a
href="http://authors.aspalliance.com/PaulWilson/Articles/?id=1
4">Wilson's
Master pages</a>.</Para>
</Document>

my xslt tries to convert this to valid xml
      <xsl:template match="entry:Para">
                      <xsl:copy-of select="node()" />
      </xsl:template>

but produces xmlns attributes in the xhtml tags, such as...
href="http://authors.aspalliance.com/PaulWilson/Articles/?id=14";
xmlns="http://limpens.com/entry";>Wilson's Master pages</a>.</p>

wheather this is correct behaviour or not, I don't like the added
namespace in the anchor element too much, because it breaks my
otherwise valid xhtml.

I am using the .net (version 1.0) processor.
I tried to look it up in the archives and the faq, but didn't find
anything useful (whereas I am quite positive my question has already
been answered numeous times), so I hope nobody minds.

Thanks in advance!
--
Jan
http://www.limpens.com

Otakoo Saloon Cartoon - newest episode at
http://limpens.com/oscredirect

--~--