xsl-list

Re: Convert 2 xml with 1 xsl file

2004-12-09 17:33:06
Or you could do this in the root match :

<xsl:variable name="file1" select="document($file1)/"/> <xsl:variable name="file2" select="document($file2)/"/> and pass the file1 and file2 in a parameters. You may have to put the root element in thus :

<xsl:variable name="file1" select="document($file1)/rootelement"/> <xsl:variable name="file2" select="document($file2)/rootelement"/>
When you want to process it, go :

<xsl:apply-templates select="$file1"/>
or
<xsl:apply-templates select="$file1/somewhere/inthe/path"/>
etc...

Jake

Marcelo wrote:

Hi! May anybody help me? I need to convert 2 xml with
1 xsl file to a XHTML file. How do I do that?

Besides that. Does anybody knows Java? Because I need
to do this convertion within it.

My code converts 1 xml with 1 xsl file. But how can I
do with 2 xml)

Thanks.

Marcelo.

This is my code:

public static void xsl(
                String xml1,
                String xml2,
                String outFilename,
                String xslFilename) {
                try {
                        // Create transformer factory
                        TransformerFactory factory =
TransformerFactory.newInstance();

                        // Use the factory to create a template containing
the xsl file
                        Templates template =
                                factory.newTemplates(
                                        new StreamSource(new
FileInputStream(xslFilename)));

                        // Use the template to create a transformer
                        Transformer xformer = template.newTransformer();

                        InputStream in = new URL(xml1).openStream();
                //      StringBuffer s = new StringBuffer();

                        System.out.println(in.toString());
                        Source source = new StreamSource(in);
                        //Source source = new StreamSource(new
FileInputStream(inFilename));
                        Result result = new StreamResult(new
FileOutputStream(outFilename));

                        // Apply the xsl file to the source file and write
the result to the output file
                        xformer.transform(source, result);
                } catch (FileNotFoundException e) {
                        System.out.println("FileNotFoundException ");
                        e.printStackTrace();
                } catch (TransformerConfigurationException e) {

System.out.println("TransformerConfigurationException
");
                        e.printStackTrace();
                        // An error occurred in the XSL file
                } catch (TransformerException e) {
                        System.out.println("TransformerException ");
                        // An error occurred while applying the XSL file
                        // Get location of error in input file
                        SourceLocator locator = e.getLocator();
                        int col = locator.getColumnNumber();
                        int line = locator.getLineNumber();
                        String publicId = locator.getPublicId();
                        String systemId = locator.getSystemId();
                        e.printStackTrace();
                } catch (MalformedURLException e) {
                        // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                        e.printStackTrace();