xsl-list

Re: passing xml string to xsl

2004-12-09 02:42:30
On Thursday 09 December 2004 08:33, Marcin Sawadro wrote:
I want to pass XML into XSL and then use it in
templates.I've passed to my XSL, XML string using
xsl:param

<xsl:param name="VisibleColumnsConfigXML"/>

I think you have a few options to do this,

a) Your processor may have some specific support for passing
in XML as parameters. You will need to read the
documentation to find out how to do this. The XSLT 1.0
recommendation does not define how a processor should do
this.

b) Instead of passing in the XML save it to a file and pass
the name of the file into the transform so you can use the
document() function to load the data.

c) Check if your processor has an extention function to
invoke an XML parser from your XSL. If it does you can pass
the XML as a string and use that function to get access to
it.

Hope that helps,
Kev.