xsl-list

Re: Problem with Output special char in HTML attribute

2004-12-08 07:05:39
Thanks at all for you interesting...I'm verry happy for this
I use php as language that is not an XML-friendly language then i
can't use it inside xml page without invalidate my document..then i
think to use jeni-solution or rather to solve my problem using XSLT..
Particularly given a variable

<xsl:variable name="tabindex" select="number(0)"/>

i would want to increment it. I have read the xsl:variable tag spec
and it works like a constant in other programming language, or rather
given a value it is not possible to modify it. Then it seems that
there's a problem to realize increment of a variable in XSLT.

I could use this workaround:

<xsl:variable name="tabindex"><xsl:value-of
select="$tabindex+1"/></xsl:variable>
<xsl:value-of select="$tabindex"/>

but i want to increment my variable more than one time, then i should
use for each increment. More there are scoping variable problems to
consider too.

Please help me,
Any kind of help is granted.
regards,