xsl-list

URL encoding of UTF-8 data in MSXML

2004-12-08 02:23:45

 Hello all,

From within an XSL-T stylesheet I need to create HTML hyperlinks in the output
HTML files. The data has UTF-8 encoding and so does the resulting HTML file.
The data that is used for the links contains special characters and must
therefore be URL encoded. I found a way to do this by use of named templates.
The thing is however that this method (mentioned somewhere in the archive of
this list) doesn't handle characters outside latin-1 correctly (e.g. russian
texts). Because I use MSXML (must) I can't use the Java class and method
URLEncoder.encode().

Can anybody tell me how to encode URL's from within a XSL-T stylesheet (run on
a msxml processor). I know that a solution might be mentioned somewhere in the
archive of this list, but that link doesn't seem to be working anymore.

Thanks in advance for your reaction!

Björn