xsl-list

Benefits of Schema-Aware Processors

2004-12-02 13:40:55
I imagine that this question has come up in the past, but I thought I'd
ask anyway: What are the benefits of schema-aware XSL processors?

I'd like to learn more about the issue in both general terms and as it
applies to the specific application I'm working on. I'm consulting with a
firm that specializes in data warehousing for the insurance industry. We
are using XML for a variety of document-production purposes (started with
a dynamically generated data dictionary, now working on dynamically
generating online help, etc.), but we are also exploring the xml->database
and database->xml potential of XSL. What benefits might we derive from
using a schema-aware-processor in such an environment?

Thanks.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services