xsl-list

RE: Write log file during xslt and xmlvalidate

2004-12-01 04:21:16
The way to achieve this depends entirely on which XSLT processor you are
using.

JAXP 1.3 specifies that xsl:message output is written to the ErrorListener
but not everyone implements that yet.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Soesemann [mailto:rsoesemann(_at_)sapient(_dot_)com]
Sent: 01 December 2004 11:02
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Write log file during xslt and xmlvalidate

Hello,

I have implemented a migration process in Ant with xsl transformations
and XML Schema validations. I want to write the errors/warnings during
validation and xsl:messages during  into a log file.

I know there is the echo task which can write to a file, but
it is only
able to write from the built script and not from the task.
There must be
a way to pass task output to a log file.

Has anybody done this before?

Thanks Robert

--~--