xsl-list

Re: grouping, sorting and selection by language(s)

2005-01-31 15:30:36
Hi,

At 12:38 PM 1/29/2005, you wrote:
I'd prefer approach #2 : extending the grouping logic
to accommodate grouping by language before the nodes
are subgrouped by category.

What would I have to change to the xslt file and /or
the xml file if I wish, for example to only get the
grouped and sorted articles in French and German on a
particluar page?

Unfortunately, since you truncated the message you've left us all in the dark ... could we see source and desired output again?

Ken's variable-based grouping might well be the best way to go about this -- it's quite nice with multiple levels.

Also, it's a bit confusing -- you say you'd like to group by language first, but then you say you want only the French and German. IIRC, this is a hybrid of the two approaches I suggested. Do you want to be able to control at runtime which languages you get, or do you want all the languages in the document to be broken out?

Cheers,
Wendell

Wendell Piez