xsl-list

Grouping immediate follow sibling

2005-01-31 05:44:35
Hello,

I receive XML similar to that shown below:

<bodyFrag>
        <ProgAbs>some text</ProgAbs>
        <ProgAbs>More text</ProgAbs>
        <ProgAbs>Even more</ProgAbs>
        <ProgAbs>some text</ProgAbs>
        <ProgAbs>More text</ProgAbs>
        <ProgAbs>Even more</ProgAbs>
</bodyFrag>

I need to process it as follows:

        1. When I see a <p> containing 'title', output it in some way. (I
can do this part).

        2, Select only the immediately following <ProgAbs> sibling elements.
I.e. the 3 ProgAbs elements with content immediately following the <p>
element selected in 1 above.

Using 'following-sibling::ProgAbs' gives me all the siblings of that name,
as it should. I just need to know how to construct an expression to select
only those <ProgAbs> that follow on immendiately after the <p> element.

Thanks

Paul Clarke
RCP Solutions Ltd.
mailto:paul(_at_)rcpsolutions(_dot_)com