xsl-list

Re: namespace reference in xsl without being attribute in outputxml

2005-01-28 08:33:52
Comments following:

davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk 01/28/2005 10:02:46 AM >>>

The problem of course is that some wicked people (including er me:-)
don't always use XML tools to process XML files, sometimes they go
grep "<serial-issue>" file.xml
and get upset when the search for that string failed as the file
actually has
<serial-issue xmlns:ce=" http://www.elsevier.com/xml/common/dtd ">
and grep doesn't use an XML parser to add dtd defined defaults before
doing a search...

David

KK:  I'd guess that our customer, Elsevier, is using xml tools and proceed with
verification that the file with the namespace attribute included is correct.
Thanks, again.

Karjala