xsl-list

RE: XPath problem

2005-01-27 01:06:06
Hi,

I am trying to use a very fancy XPath with Dom4J, but
something is wrong with my string.  Here it is:

/rr:ReportRequest/xqx:whereClause/*/xqx:expr[xsi:type
= 'operatorExpr' and xqx:opType = '<=' and
xqx:parameters/xqx:expr[1]/xqx:value =
'DateMisplaced']/xqx:parameters/xqx:expr[2]/xqx:value

Looks ok syntax-wise.

There seem to be at least two problems with this
string.

The first is that it doesn't seem to like the "*",
which seems strange to me.  It will find:

/rr:ReportRequest/xqx:whereClause

but not

/rr:ReportRequest/xqx:whereClause/*/xqx:expr

Does you source tree contain an xqx:expr element at that location?

The second problem is that it does not like:

xqx:opType = '<='

Is there a problem with this?  The element text
contains the string "<=".  But the match does not
work.

The equality operator in this case tests whether there is a xqx:opType child
whose string value is "<=". Use contains() function if you want to check is a
xqx:opType child contains "<=" in it's string value.

Cheers,

Jarno