xsl-list

Newbie - XML and XSLT samples to produce XHTML Files please

2005-01-25 10:55:44
Hi,

I am just dipping my toe into the XML/XSLT water and since I find it
easier to learn from examples was wondering if any of you kind souls
could send me some sample files so I can get an idea of what can be
done.

I already have links to a number of sites and a couple of books on the
subject but would ideally like to get my hands on a real world example
to pick apart.

I am messing around with some code in ASP.Net to handle the
transformation and am slowly building up my first XSLT template based
on a site I am working on.

Ultimately I want to convert my ASP.Net based CMS app to use XML/XSLT
for templating.

Here is a snippet of some code that I am working on.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="html" version="1.0" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD
XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" doctype-
system="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";
indent="yes"/>
<xsl:template match="/">
 <head>
 <title>New Company Website Design</title>
 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/STYLES/basic.css">
 </head>
 <ul>
 </ul>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

[One of the key things is that I want to be able to XHTML so just for
tidyness, I would like to find some way of preventing it automatically
adding the <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
charset=utf-8"> tag above the title in the page header]

I now want to try to build it up so that the menus (bulleted lists) and
main page content are extracted from an XML file.

Do any of you have a set of XML/XSLT files that you could email me to
show examples of a reasonably complex site designs that I could look
at?

Don't worry, if you do help out, I won't bug you by asking why you did
x, y, or z - I should be able to work it out.

Thanks in advance.
--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker