xsl-list

Re: test for even or odd

2005-01-24 10:56:21
Thanks for all your help, it worked like a charm! :D

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:12:26 -0500, Ross, Douglas <DRoss(_at_)kronos(_dot_)com>
wrote:
I searched http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/ for "even or
odd" and came up with a bunch of useful hints.

Hope that helps,

Douglas Ross
Developer, HTML UI Framework
Kronos
E-mail: dross(_at_)kronos(_dot_)com
www.kronos.com

-----Original Message-----
From: xsl list [mailto:list(_dot_)xsl(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 5:47 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] test for even or odd

So I have come down to this, I am going to get a count of how many
elements there are of a certain tag. How can I test if the number is
even or odd? Stateing the obvious here but if it came back with 3 of
the tag I would want a "this number is odd" returned (or 1 and 0 for
even).

I already have my rows alternating in color, but there are two sets, I
need to first check for directories and place them and then I check
for files and place them. When I check for files I then check to see
if there was a even or odd number of files telling me what color to
start on!

Thanks!

--~--