xsl-list

Re: how xslt2 affects usage of programming constructs

2005-01-24 02:14:24

I use exclusively f:map() where normally one would use xsl:for-each.

what is the benefit? i suppose you do it for a specific benefit or is it because
of syntactical preference.

As already demonstrated in my recent code, I am increasingly using the
FXSL HOF wrappers of the corresponding "original" XPath F & Os -- such
as:

  f:mult() instead of '*'

  f:add() instead of '+'

  f:mod() instead of mod

  f:string-length() instead of string-length()

  f:name() instead of name()

i would like to read your reasons for this. i have been working on a paper tbat
has parts that relates to fxsl, and i have found a similar habit in using
functions at a higher level, but i think my experiences are probably different
than yours as i have taken a different approach.