xsl-list

[ANN] oXygen XSLT Editor/Debugger 5.1

2005-01-18 10:35:16
Hi,

I'm glad to let you know that a new version of <oXygen/> is available. The main additions in version 5.1 are folding, code templates, better Relax NG support, Schematron validation and the possibility to use MSXML and XSLTProc as XSLT transformers. The full list of new features with descriptions and a few video demonstrations can be found at:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/index.html#new-version

I will describe shortly below the new features directly related with XSLT development. The XSLT editor contains a large number of code templates (thanks to M. David Peterson) covering most of the XSLT constructs. The code templates are editable so they can be customized to specific needs or preferences. Another addition is the possibility to select not only a DTD or an XML Schema but also a Relax NG schema for the XSLT result - this is used to offer content completion proposals when xsl:element is allowed. Version 5.1 adds XSLTProc and MSXML 3.0/4.0/.NET to the existing XSLT processors (Xalan, Saxon - both version 8 and 6.5.3 - and any other JAXP compliant processor). There are also improvements in the XSLT Debugger GUI - the tables from the different debugging views are now sortable. Also the dynamic content completion added a couple of new cases handling now parameter names in xsl:param and offering possible template names on xsl:template/@name. In the end I would like to mention also the Schematron support, although it is not directly related with XSLT it uses XPath and the validator is implemented in XSLT. <oXygen/> offers now support for validating XML documents against Schematron schemas and against XML Schemas or Relax NG schemas with embedded Schematron rules.

Best Regards,
George