xsl-list

xsl-fo question on how to align text and image at same line

2005-01-14 10:09:40
Hi all,
Here's my fo
<fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format";

<fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:simple-page-master master-name="simple">
<fo:region-body/>
</fo:simple-page-master>
</fo:layout-master-set>
<fo:page-sequence master-reference="simple">
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
<fo:block line-height="30pt"
line-stacking-strategy="line-height"
vertical-align="sub">
<fo:inline vertical-align="sub" line-height="15pt">
What is Bella collected pictures Bella collected
<fo:external-graphic src="fraction.jpg"
width="18.96pt" height="29.04pt" border="0"/>
pictures Bella collected pictures Bella collected
pictures collected
<fo:external-graphic src="fraction.jpg"
width="18.96pt" height="29.04pt" border="0"/>
What is the greatest number of these photographs that
Bella can fit side by side in one row across the
album?
<fo:external-graphic src="fraction.jpg"
width="18.96pt" height="29.04pt" border="0"/>
Bella collected pictures Bella collected pictures
Bella collected pictures Bella collected pictures
Bella
</fo:inline>
</fo:block>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>
(image is a fraction number such as 1/3)
The PDF that I want is each line of text and image
aligned as "text text 1/3 text text".
No matter where the image show up in the text, it
always aligned up with text around ( before and
after). In my code, it works only at first line, but
when the text too long and go to next line ( I have no
control when it will go to next line), the
vertical-align="sub" lost it function until hit the
image object, then it functional again. ( if you can
use my fo to generate the pdf, you will see the result
of first line is what I want to achieve).

Is anyone know why its behavior like this and what is
the best way to achieve this?  I'm using Apache FOP
0.20.5.

Thank you very much!
Fanyin