xsl-list

RE: Comparing two XML documents

2005-01-14 07:13:14

Could someone please let me know whats the best way to
compare these two
documents logical structure. I looked at the Canonical XML
but it seems
quite basic for my requirements.

If you want to do it in XSLT (you're posting here so I guess that's the
case) then you will have to transform both structures into your own
canonical stucture (or at least one structure into the other) and then
you can use Xpath 2.0's deep-equal() function.

(Canonical XML is more about writing out the same XML in the same way
every time, so I don't think it applies here)

Cheers
andrew