xsl-list

Re: FW: Basic XSLT ;-)

2005-01-14 06:03:08
I cant see a problem with your stylesheet..
Apart from the fact that in the example you have <foo> Text </foo>
and in the predicate you are asking for text() = 'Value'
so you wouldnt match any foo template with text as 'Value' ( quite a trivial
thing I guess... I dont think you would have made this mistake.. )
Please do respond back with a better explanation of the problem , if you
havent yet got the solution ......
Vasu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Soesemann" <rsoesemann(_at_)sapient(_dot_)com>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 12:44 PM
Subject: [xsl] FW: Basic XSLT ;-)

I am struggeling with a really basic XSL task.  I guess I am missin
something.
I need a template that matches the text values of all foo element whose
original value is 'Value'.
The original value should be normalized as I want to match e.g.:

<foo>       Text </foo>

or

<foo>Text     </foo>

or

<foo name="bar">
    Text
<child>...</child>
</foo>

I tried without success:

<xsl:template match="foo[normalize-space(text())='Value']">
</xsl:template>

Please help!! ;-)