xsl-list

RE: XSL Transformation overhead

2005-01-12 23:29:51
Hi,

 I want to know which if xsl transformation of xml or xml
parsing would
provide better performance in increased load.

I don't really understand the question, are you asking which gives better
performance, XSLT transformation or XML parsing? Source tree building requires
the source document to be parsed, so you'll always have the parsing bit. Also,
parsing doesn't really give you anything, it's just reading in the infoset.

I must have misunderstood the question, could you elaborate?

Cheers,

Jarno - Assemblage 23: Let the Wind Erase Me