xsl-list

RE: Use XQuery or XSLT

2005-01-06 12:57:19

Thanks for the post.

I forgot to mention that memory requirements are
limited. Even in one GB system, 300 MB file cannot be
processed as the DOM can take as much as 10 times the
file size. It would crash the system.

The big XML file has no references to small xml file
names although small xml files are generated using STX
and XSLT tranforms and contains the content from the
big file but order or structure maybe different than
that of the big xml file.

I would prefer to use XQuery to learn something new
but I am not sure if this would be the right approach.
If it is necessary I can develop Java classes but I
would like to use XSLT and or XQuery files to achieve
above.

Alan