xsl-list

RE: Dynamic image and text alignment

2005-01-03 15:29:40
Hi Tiffany,

Could you post your XSLT sofar? And also some typical input XML, that'll
help too.

Cheers,
<prs/>

-----Original Message-----
From: Tiffany Blake [mailto:Tiffany_Blake(_at_)gap(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2005 3:53 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] Dynamic image and text alignment

i am trying to control the image and text alignment in my presentation
dynamically based on the user choice input.  the trick is to allow multiple
variations of image/text presentation on one page.

Page example:

paragraph 1 (user choice creates flag = left-right <xsl:if
test="body_image_placement='left-right'">)

        image flush left
        text right aligned to image

paragraph 2 (user choice creates flag = top-bottom <xsl:if
test="body_image_placement='top-bottom'">)

        image above text
        text below image

paragraph 3 (user choice creates flag = top-bottom <xsl:if
test="body_image_placement='top-bottom'">)

        no image
        text flush left

Rendered page:

paragraph 1             X       this is the text that appears
                                right aligned to image

paragraph 2             X

                        this is the text that appears below the
                        image

paragraph 3             this is the text that apppears with no image

any suggestions?
tiffany_blake(_at_)gap(_dot_)com