xsl-list

RE: XSLT 2.0 empty string

2005-02-28 10:29:41

What role does the 'as' attribute play when you get an
empty sequence?

yes as Michael commented in his original reply, if the select
expresssion returns () (because the node isn't there) then if
you specify that is of type xs:string? you get () as the ?
specifically allows that outcome. If on the other hand you'd
have said as="xs:string" then you'd have got a type error as
you can't atomize () to get a string.

Yes, I read that after posting my last message.  That certainly clears
it up though, thanks.