xsl-list

Re: Serving XSLT 2.0 from Apache 2.0?

2005-02-28 04:31:55
"David" == David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> writes:

    Jay> What's the best way to serve HTML from static XML files, via
    Jay> XSLT 2.0, using Apache 2?

    David> how static is static?  tomcat (or something, layered over
    David> that such as cocoon) is one possibility although personally
    David> I've not tried to use use xslt2 in such a setting,

I have (well, with Jetty, not Tomcat, but that's really only a
technicality) - with Saxon 8. It works fine.
I presume that by "from static XML files", Jay means the source files
and the stylesheets are static.
In which case you just use the FileGenerator within Cocoon as the
pipeline generator, and the XSLTransformer (configured to use Saxon
8) as the transformer, and the HTMLSerializer to serialize.
Note that xsl:output statements are ignored by Cocoon (which is right
and proper, as Saxon is not doing the serializing).

It would also be possible to use Gestalt with Apache 2 (from Goanna,
connecting with the FastCGI protocol). I have future plans to have a
go at this (it won't take very long to do, but I'm concentrating on
trying to implement the working drafts).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire