xsl-list

Re: how to get variable value outside scope

2005-02-27 02:29:10
Hello Dimitre,
  Sorry.. I actually used the wrong word ironical. I
am still perfecting my english! The use of word
variable in XSLT is not at all ironical. I apologize
for the mistake. I have removed this phrase from the
article, and have provided a reference to Michael
Kay's book. If anybody wants to read more about this
topic, I'll recommend Michael Kay's book "XSLT
Programmer's Reference" - Chapter 9 (topic:
Programming without assignment statements)

If you have any other technical comment, I'll be
pleased to update my article.

Regards,
Mukul

--- Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:08:53 -0800 (PST), Mukul
Gandhi
<mukul_gandhi(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
I had written a small writeup on XSL variables.
The
link to article is
http://gandhimukul.tripod.com/facts.html .. Hope
its
useful..

Anybody is free to comment..

From the text at the above link:

"So the variable construct in XSLT behaves quite
differently than
traditional variables. It is just ironical that they
are called
variables. XSLT variables cannot vary!"

Anybody is free to write anything they like. Finding
a high quality
and correct reference text is a totally different
thing.

I would definitely *not* recommend the above link as
a good reference
text on XSLT.

Probably, along with a list of good readings we
should maintain
another one with links that are marked as not
recommended.

Read good texts like those of Mike and Jeni, avoid
bad ones.

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev.