xsl-list

Re: RSS Feeds, Dates, Transformation with Exslt

2005-02-24 14:45:02
Karl Stubsjoen <kstubs(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

Is there another way to get from weird date formates like this example:
<pubDate>Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:12:56 GMT</pubDate>
..to a format that is recognizable by the parsers?

Karl

I'm working on this problem for similar reasons. The RSS date format
is RFC-822 and XML/XSD/XSL is ISO-8601. The weekday in the RFC-822
date makes it tricky to transform directly into ISO 8601 and vice
versa. I'm writing several date arithmetic and conversion functions
that will be available as open-source web services.

I will notify this list when the service(s) are available. I also have
a service registry feed (RSS 2.0) available at:
http://xobjex.com/service/index.xsl

--
Daniel Bibbens                           http://xobjex.com/
Apache modules and other open-source projects for XSL & RSS