xsl-list

TD and input box values in XSL.

2005-02-23 17:57:24

I was wondering if its possible to pull a value from a TD (populated using
<xsl:value-of...>) for the purposes of showing that value in an input box.
Essentially I have a table of data (XML loaded using javascript), and when
a user clicks on a row, the data is shown in the table below for editing
purposes.

The TOP table is populated like so:

<xsl:template match="Data_Table">
      <tbody>

                        <xsl:value-of select="DATA1"/>
                        <xsl:value-of select="DATA2"/>

      </tbody>
</xsl:template>

and so on...
There is a header row not included here.
The bottom table is populated like so:

                <input id="iName"
                       type="TEXT"
                   class="inputb"
                   value="{$DATA6}"/>
                 <input value="{???????}"/>

What I would like to do is pull the data from the TD and put it into the
input marked {???????} when the user clicks on the row in the top table.
I can do it with a data island and javascript, with recordnumber and the
navigation code. But cannot figure it out with XSL values. The answer lies
within the XSL and javascript, i can feel it. heh  Thanks for any help.