xsl-list

RE: Global variable

2005-02-21 05:38:50

I have a stylesheet with several templates in it. In every template I
need the same variable, so I think the best is to make it
global! But I
have one problem with it: I do not know the value of the
variable at the
beginning of the stylesheet. I get it in my first template.
So in this
template I have a local variable and I need to make it global.

Is this possible?

As far as I'm aware, everything that can be calculated in the first template
can equally be calculated in a global variable.

Could you show us the calculation?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com.