xsl-list

RE: equivalent for 'while'

2005-02-17 04:05:12

It's not immediately obvious how you arrived at your output, for
example where does the SubConcept/id value of '11000' come from?

Oh the '11000' is just an id I made up for completing the XML
document.
However it comes from some other part of document 2 which I
havent shown
in the post (to avoid lengthy chunks of code).

That didn't help matters then...

The id's differ in doc 1 and doc 2 simply because the sources of
information are different. Information on Pain has been constructed
using two separate and independent modelling techniques. What
I want to
achieve is to identify the similarities and differences in the
representation of Pain in the two models (which is why I need
them to be
simplified before performing any sort of comparison).

Obtaining the ids is not the ultimate goal. However they can
be used for
easing the process of looking up specific concepts in
document 2. Since
the format in which I obtain document 2 is entirely different from
document 1, I'd like to reduce it to a sort-of canonical form to make
easy the process of comparison.

Does this answer your query?

Not really.  The longer it takes someone to decipher your requirements
from wordy descriptions and unhelpful examples the more likely it is you
won't get a response (which is unusual here).

Maybe try again but this time only put values in the example result that
can be obtained from the example documents... (and remove all
elements/atts from the example docs that aren't relevant to problem).