xsl-list

getting values from controls with ids

2005-02-17 03:47:58
hi,

I have been working on transformation from xforms to xhtml. I have a problem
with Id's. For every xhtml control being generated equivalent for Xforms
control i am using the generate-id(.) function of xsl to give a unique id to
the control in xhtml. but i am not sure how i can use this id in my javascript
or dom to access the value stored in this control. how do i say
document.getElementById('control goes here').value
as i am not sure how to get the ids of each control and this has to be generic
as well. can someone throw some light into this please

with regards,
prasad akella