xsl-list

RE: Aborting XSL processing during a run....

2005-02-11 09:06:15

ben senior writes:
We're using XSL to generate PHP code. Given a particular
irregularity
in
the incoming XML (a missing attribute) we would like to
output a PHP
line (to throw an exception) and then to STOP the
processing then and
there (match nothing more and end) but without the
processing 'crashing'.

I've looked through my XSL books but not come up with anything...

What about

<xsl:if test="@foo">
  <xsl:message terminate="yes">Missing 'foo'
attribute</xsl:message> </xsl:if>

I think the OP wants to output a line of PHP and then stop the
processing - xsl:message terminate="yes" operates at the transformation
time, not at the serialisation time, so there would be no output.

cheers
andrew