xsl-list

Re: Is this an XPath Grammar Limitation ?

2005-02-11 02:18:04
Michael Kay wrote:

Here are some expressions that the 1.0 syntax allows
but the data typing rules prohibit:

1/fred

fred/1

count(3)

4 | 5

Turns out Jaxen was flaking out on half of those (returning empty lists instead of throwing an exception). I've now fixed them. Are there any other kinds of BNF-correct but datatype-forbidden expressions in XPath 1.0 I should be watching out for?

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo(_at_)metalab(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu