xsl-list

example for xsl:output saxon:next-in-chain

2005-02-10 06:10:10
Hello,
I am trying to use the "xsl:output
saxon:next-in-chain" in a xslt file where I need to
pass the output from one xsl file to the next xsl file
to generate the final output. But, I am not able to
make it work. It just gives me the final output which
is same as the first xsl translation. Following is my
xslt file :
<xsl:stylesheet
xmlns:saxon="http://icl.com/saxon"; version="1.0">

<xsl:import href="first.xsl"/>
<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"
saxon:next-in-chain="second.xsl"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

With this xslt file, I only get the final output which
is the one coming out by applying first.xml. It
doesn't seem to be applying the second.xsl
translation. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

What I want to do is translate my.xml to final.xml as
follow : my.xml -> translate with first.xml ->
firstoutput.xml -> second.xml -> finaloutput.xml

I don't want the intermediate firstoutput.xml - I only
want the finaloutput.xml.

- ana