xsl-list

Re: xalan-j - outputing html and xml from the same transform

2005-02-01 04:27:51

"What I'm trying to do is write a transform in a variable and then output it
to the console as html,
and to a file on the server as XHTML,
so that next time, I can just do a copy-of of my XHTML file instead of
retransforming the source file."

Managed to find the solution using the xalan-j pipe extension:

What you do is write a new front-end xsl,

whose only business is to see if the cache file needs recaching (using xalan
java extensions to get info about
files in directories and modified versus server time)

If so, you run the pipe document extension to rebuild the xhtml cache file,

and then in all cases, you load the xhtml cache file using xpath document
function and do a copy-of

works great.

Yves Jaques
Information Officer     FIDI
FIDI - room F-320
United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation
viale delle Terme di Caracalla - 00100 Roma - ITALIA