xsl-list

Re: msxsl encoding bug?

2005-03-31 10:09:17
a propos the ANSI thing, bugged me so I went to look it up. ANSI is a superset
of ISO-8859-1, identical with chars 32 to 126, also known as Windows-1252.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin-1

not sure where I got the idea that ANSI was an early implementation of
ISO-8859-1 that came out before the standard was finished.

--
Bryan Rasmussen

Quoting David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>:

  and the xml file only has the english character set then the output has an
xml
  declaration of utf-8 but the actual content of the document is ANSI

By ANSI I assume you mean some MS specific code page?
If the file only has english characters in it then ASCII = UTF8 = most
Microsoft code pages that extend ASCII.

So how can you tell that the file is not utf8 encoded?

David

--~--