xsl-list

Re: disable-output-escaping don't work with CDATA spl chars (XSL)

2005-03-29 09:31:09
Thanks for the reply. I have 2 points to add here

Although, my xslt convertion of
<AccomUnitName
StrippedName="aparthotel_g__246_tzens"><![CDATA[Aparthotel
G&#246;tzens]]></AccomUnitName>

results in: Aparthotel G&#246;tzens
in the javascript array (and so in html)

instead of the correct value: Aparthotel Götzens

(1)
the xslt correctly displays the value when directly
used, I mean

<title><xsl:value-of select="AccomUnitName"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/></title> - WORKS FINE!!

(2) But while generating javascript like:

var accList=new Array(
<for-each ...>
<xsl:value-of select="AccomUnitName"
disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

</for-each>
);

The array results like:

var accList=new Array("xyz,123,Aparthotel
G&#246;tzens");

Iam clue less why it works in direct html generation &
not while generating javascript? would be happy if you
could spot what might be the error. thanks in adv &
sorry for the trouble.

regards,
karl

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:

CDATA _only_ affects the meaning of < and & so it is
doing nothing in
your source file (and XSLT will see teh same input
whether or not it is
there.
By "special chars" you seem to mean accented letters
but these are not
"special" in XML  they are just normal character
data.

Similarly, disable-output-escaping, when it works at
all only affects
the escaping of characters that need to be escaped,
which typically is
again just < and &.

That said, it might be that your posting has been
mangled by an
over-zealous mail system (this would not be the
first time)/

Your posting (by the time it arrived here at least)
claimed to be in ASCII:

But your sample of your "bad" output
was
  results in:
  Aparthotel Götzens
which looks OK on my latin-1 screen, although
strictly speaking isn't
ascii.

the "correct output"
arrives here as

  then Iam getting the correct output:
  Aparthotel Götzens

Which here looks like an accented A and a paragraph
sugn, but is
probably the right utf8 for that letter.

Unless you used entity references in the unput eg
"& ouml;" then using
a CDATA section around this string should make no
difference at all to
the output.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--~--