xsl-list

[Announcement] org.apache.forrest.plugin.views (was: Re: [xsl] dyn:evaluate question)

2005-03-25 15:41:47
On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 10:31 +1100, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
I want to implement a per document view. This view extracts html
snippets from a snippet rep. This way user from apache forrest can
implement their own view for each document or use the default view
without knowing xsl.

A known working solution is to dynamically modify the stylesheet (e.g.
it's DOM) by setting the value of the "href" attribute to whatever
necessary and *only then* pass this stylesheet to the XSLT processor.

Cheers, for all the reply I got on the topic. :)

I ended up to create a dynamic stylesheet
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.views/resources/stylesheets/prepare.xhtml.xsl?view=markup

I created xmlns:alias="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/TransformAlias"; and
added <xsl:namespace-alias stylesheet-prefix="alias"
result-prefix="xsl"/>. This way I can added the include to compile
time. :)

I released a prototype of the view concept in http://forrest.apache.org.
FYI
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.views/

To try it out follow http://forrest.apache.org/build.html and make sure
you set your
forrest.properties like follows (,... means all other plugins you need):
project.skin=leather-dev
project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.views,...

THX again for the quick response.
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"