xsl-list

Re: how red ampersand from the xml file

2005-03-25 11:36:39
yes,this s a good way!
--- Joe Fawcett <joefawcett(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "henry human" <henry_human(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)de>
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2005 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: [xsl] how red ampersand from the xml
file

they are generated as text (read recordsets from a
access database and write them as xml tag to a xml
file)

Well rather than patch up the code to escape
ampersands and the other "dodgy"
characters (<, ', ") you can just open an
adodb.recordset and save directly to
an xml file, recordset.save(<filename>, 1). It's not
a completely
straightforward representation but I've successfully
transformed it to many
other formats. I have generic transform somewhere
that turns it into an HTML
table for example and if you decide to take this
route and would like the file
let me know.

Joe

--~--