xsl-list

RE: Common Element Solution (XSL 2.0)

2005-03-23 02:00:33

-----Original Message-----
From: Pawson, David [mailto:David(_dot_)Pawson(_at_)rnib(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk]
Sent: 23 March 2005 08:24
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
    you want something like

       count(current-group()/parent::table) = $number-of-tables

    relying on the fact that "/" eliminates duplicates.

That last line has me puzzled Mike. Would someone expand please,
for the uninitiated?

In the input we have a set of tables each containing zero or more columns,
each column has a name. We want to find the names of the columns that appear
in each table. Group the columns by name; for each group (of columns with
the same name), the column appears in every table if the number of tables
containing a column in that group equals the total number of tables.

Any clearer?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/