xsl-list

Re: Docbook index problem

2005-03-21 09:41:55
Hiral Parikh wrote:

The problem is when there are many occurences of 1 indexterm, the page
numbers overlap with the next (right hand) column of index.

E.g. Myindexname 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 67, 7, 8, m10, 12,yotherindex 70
                13

I guess the line breaks are not given properly.
Any ideas, anyone? Is there an attribute to specify the index to stay within
a column?

You should post question related to DocBook processing to specific list docbook-apps(_at_)lists(_dot_)oasis-open(_dot_)org(_dot_)

It is hard to say what your problems is, because you didn't describe your processing environment. I suppose that you are using FO stylesheet if you get two column output. Output to two columns works OK for me, so problem might be in your FO processor. I bet you are using FOP that is far from perfect and sometimes generates overlapped areas. If you can, I would suggest you to use XEP or XSL Formatter to create PDFs from DocBook sources. These two formatting engines are much more mature than FOP.

                                        Jirka

  Jirka Kosek     e-mail: jirka(_at_)kosek(_dot_)cz     http://www.kosek.cz