xsl-list

Re: Catch ALL | Failed template rule

2005-03-21 08:44:25
Given the following XML:

<ABC>
  <A>1</A>
  <B>2</B>
  <C>3</C>
</ABC>

This select will result in nothing:
<xsl:apply-templates select="ABC/D"/>

How do I setup a template rule for this non-existent match?

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:00:17 +0530,
omprakash(_dot_)v(_at_)polaris(_dot_)co(_dot_)in
<omprakash(_dot_)v(_at_)polaris(_dot_)co(_dot_)in> wrote:

Hi,
  here goes!

This selects everything other than the node named slide

<xsl:template match="//*[not(name(.) = 'slide')]">

</xsl:template>

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                   Karl
                   Stubsjoen            To:
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
                   <kstubs(_at_)gmail        cc:     (bcc:
omprakash.v/Polaris)
                   .com>                Subject:     [xsl] Catch ALL | Failed
template rule

                   03/21/2005
                   08:33 PM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   xsl-list

I'd like a catch ALL template rule, actually a catch NOT template
rule.  In an effort to check for the existence of a select, I have
setup a match template rule that simply returns "1" for a match.  So I
have:

<xsl:template match="record" mode="recordexists">
<xsl:text>1</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

The failed select would need to return a "0".  So I need a match that
simply returns 0.

So something like:

<xsl:template match="not(record)" mode="recordexists">
<xsl:text>0</xsl:text>
</xsl:template>

(which is not a legal match statement, but that is what I need).  I'm
sure there is a way, and I'm sure it is obvious!  Just not coming to
me.

Thanks,
Karl

--~--

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent
for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to
you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction,
dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its
attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in

--~--