xsl-list

Re: More-than-basic maths

2005-03-17 20:16:34
On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:50:16 -0400 (CLT), andrew cooke
<acooke(_at_)noao(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Hi,

I can't work out how to do more complex maths (like logarithms, trig
functions, etc) in XSL.  Is it possible?  If not, is there any other tool
I can use in an xml pipeline?  Is the only option writing SAX or DOM code
in some non-dedicated programming language?

(I'm generating plots from XML data via XSL to SVG)

FXSL (a function/template library implementing HOF in XSLT and written
in pure XSLT)  implements:

Math functions:

http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/xslCalculator/The%20FXSL%20Calculator.html

Random number generators:

http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/Random/Casting%20the%20Dice%20with%20FXSL-htm.htm

Higher-order functions, currying/partial application, etc...:
    http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/FuncProg/Functional%20Programming.html
    http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/PartialApps/Partial%20Applications.html

http://www.mulberrytech.com/Extreme/Proceedings/xslfo-pdf/2003/Novatchev01/EML2003Novatchev01.pdf

A good example of the math capabilities of FXSL for XSLT 2.0 was
recently provided at:

    http://www.xslt.com/html/xsl-list/2005-01/msg00521.html

Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev