xsl-list

xsltSetGenericErrorFunc() and Capturing Error Output

2005-03-16 11:13:07

Not sure if my last question was clear enough, but I am having problems
getting my code to capture any parser errors.  I have the following code
below:
This was taken from a tutorial posted on the xmlsoft.org site.  I am using
the xsltSetGenericFunc to have *myhandler* function handle the errors
instead of the default.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you
very much.

If you respond, please respond to the list as I will have a better chance in
receiving it.

---------------------- Code Snippet ----------------------------

#include <string.h>
#include <libxml/xmlmemory.h>
#include <libxml/debugXML.h>
#include <libxml/HTMLtree.h>
#include <libxml/xmlIO.h>
#include <libxml/xinclude.h>
#include <libxml/catalog.h>
#include <libxslt/xslt.h>
#include <libxslt/xsltInternals.h>
#include <libxslt/transform.h>
#include <libxslt/xsltutils.h>

/*xsltGenericErrorFunc xslt_error(xsltStylesheetPtr blah);*/

extern int xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue;

static void usage(const char *name) {
    printf("Usage: %s [options] stylesheet file [file ...]\n", name);
    printf("      --param name value : pass a (parameter,value) pair\n");

}

void myhandler(void *ctx, const char *msg, ...) {
    va_list args;

    if (xmlGenericErrorContext == NULL)
        xmlGenericErrorContext = (void *) stderr;

    va_start(args, msg);
    vfprintf((FILE *)xmlGenericErrorContext, msg, args);
    va_end(args);
}

int
main(int argc, char **argv) {
        int i;
        const char *params[16 + 1];
        int nbparams = 0;
        xsltStylesheetPtr cur = NULL;
        xmlDocPtr doc, res;

        if (argc <= 1) {
                usage(argv[0]);
                return(1);
        }

 for (i = 1; i < argc; i++) {
        if (argv[i][0] != '-')
            break;
        if ((!strcmp(argv[i], "-param")) ||
                   (!strcmp(argv[i], "--param"))) {
                i++;
                params[nbparams++] = argv[i++];
                params[nbparams++] = argv[i];
                if (nbparams >= 16) {
                        fprintf(stderr, "too many params\n");
                        return (1);
                }
        }  else {
            fprintf(stderr, "Unknown option %s\n", argv[i]);
            usage(argv[0]);
            return (1);
        }
    }

        params[nbparams] = NULL;
        xmlSubstituteEntitiesDefault(1);
        xmlLoadExtDtdDefaultValue = 1;
        cur = xsltParseStylesheetFile((const xmlChar *)argv[i]);
        xsltSetGenericErrorFunc(cur,myhandler);
        i++;
        doc = xmlParseFile(argv[i]);
        res = xsltApplyStylesheet(cur, doc, params);
        xsltSaveResultToFile(stdout, res, cur);

        xsltFreeStylesheet(cur);
        xmlFreeDoc(res);
        xmlFreeDoc(doc);