xsl-list

Re: XSL Previous Node

2005-03-16 10:28:31
Is previous axes part of XSLT/XPath 2.0?   What if I
am stuck with XSLT/XPath 1.0 for now?

Thanks,

--- David Carlisle <davidc(_at_)nag(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk> wrote:
  I have an xml file that could look something like
  below.  Say I have a node called "servertype" that
  could occur at any level.  In my XSLT, when I am
on a
  certain "servertype", I want to get find out
exactly
   where in the xml was the previous and next
instance of
  "servertype" node.  Key point is that "servertype"
  could occur at any level with the XML structure so
  do not think preceding-sibling asex would work.
If I
  use ancestor axes then it ignores any previous
  instance of the "servertype" node at the same
level.

If you want the previous use the previous:: axis
rather than teh two you
mentioned, ancestor:: or previous-sibling::
Actually, depending on how you define previous, you
may want to use

(previous::servertype|ancestor::servertype)[last()]

rather than

previous::servertype[1]

XPath doesn't consider ancestors to be previous
nodes.

David

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by
Star. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more
information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around
the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk

--~--