xsl-list

RE: sort order - short word before longer word??

2005-03-14 10:09:03

I got a sorting problem, I try to sort some entries alphabetically,

the problem is, when I have these two entries

<word>Ankündigungsabgabe</word>
<word>Ankündigungsabgabenpflicht</word>

Transforming with <xsl:sort select="." order="ascending"
data-type="text" />

I get the second one first, and can't figure it out how to
get the shorter one first. Actually I am expecting the
shorter one should be the first in the result.

Using saxon8.2

I get the shorter one first, as expected.

Post how you are performing the sort - within xsl:for-each or
xsl:apply-templates, with some sample input.

cheers
andrew